Monday, May 5, 2008

What Makes Carlos Happy?

Posted on behalf of Sarah Trapp.

Sponsorship allows children like Carlos (left) to be carefree and happy.

Working with sponsored children is one of the many highlights of our jobs with Children International. Our Communications Coordinators have the fortune of working with them on a daily basis. Patricia Huerta, our Communications Coordinator in Guayaquil, Ecuador must have gotten a kick out of interviewing 5-year-old Carlos Parrales. When she asked him what he likes to do for fun and what makes him happy, this was his candid response:

“I like to ride my bike and to go fast and to eat fast too. I like to eat chicken, fish and I don’t like to eat pork.”

I couldn’t have said it better myself!

Reporting assistance and photos by Patricia Huerta, Communications Coordinator in Guayaquil, Ecuador.

1 comment:

Heather M said...

Awwwwww!! It is so sweet to see that the innocence transcends cultural boundaries and financial differences.