Monday, August 25, 2008

These are a Few of My Favorite Things...about Sponsorship

I have fond childhood memories of sitting down with my family, the Trapp family, and watching the The Sound of Music together. Listening to Julie Andrews happily singing “My Favorite Things,” we couldn’t help but join in too. “Silver-white winters that melt into spring, these are few of my favorite things...” It’s a catchy tune.

Sponsorship is no doubt one of my favorite things too. Now, I know I’m a little biased since I work for Children International, but I’m also a sponsor. I sponsor a little boy in Mexico, and a group of my coworkers and I sponsor a young lady in Rural Guatemala. While I’m not going to sing about it, I thought I would take a moment today to share just a few of my favorite things about sponsorship:

-Letters from my sponsored child. I love getting mail, and if it comes from my sponsored kiddos, all the better.

- The pictures of course. I always get a kick out of their toothy grins (or seeing how many teeth they’ve lost since the last photo.)

-Knowing that I’m helping a needy child.

If you’d like to share your favorite things about sponsorship, we’d love to hear from you. Open a thread on our Google Groups page and tell us your story.

No comments: