Friday, November 7, 2008

Meet Karla, from Legazpi, Philippines

Karla, 8, had these thoughts to share:

About her dreams…
“I dream to be a successful teacher in the future because I want to teach kids in school. I have a great interest in sharing my knowledge to others.”

About being sponsored…
“My friends think that I am a lucky girl to be a sponsored child of Children International because it helps thousands of families in poor communities. My sponsored friends like receiving gifts on special days like Birthday and Christmas.”

About the benefits of sponsorship…
“I love so much going to the center for a regular medical check up. I also enjoy writing a letter to my sponsor. My favorite gift is my pair of shoes.”

About the Children International community center…
“I love to walk around in the community center because it’s very beautiful and so spacious. I just love the good environment and I feel safe visiting to the center.”

About her sponsor…
“You are a blessing to our family and I will cherish forever the many good things that you have shared with us. I just want you to know that I’m doing well in school and that’s because of you.”

Photos and reporting assistance by Anthony Lorcha, from our agency in Legazpi, Philippines.

No comments: